Sunday, July 09, 2006

~Monday: My Favorite Pink Things~

I'm going to start each day this week with a picture of my vintage Sunbonnet Sue floursack towels. The towel rack is on the side of my piesafe in the kitchen. I found the set of towles at an antique store in San Diego, CA, a few years ago. According to Sue, today is washday. :0)

Monday
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


My first favorite pink thing is a hankie that my Nana gave to me. I went up to Ontario, Canada 1 1/2 years ago for a visit, and when she found out I like hankies, she pulled this one out for me.

Hankie
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


Here is a pink crocheted bedspread that my mom made for my sister, Jenny and I when we were little girls. We had matching twin beds, along with these matching bedspreads. In the winter, I like to put them on Grace and Emily's bed. They keep you very warm!

Bedspread
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


I saw this dress at Costco about 3 years ago and fell in love with it. It is a size 14 and I will wear it someday. :0) I'm going to get a copy of this picture and put it on my fridge as a reminder of my goal. It looks short but it actually comes down past my knees since I am so short!

Dress
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


Lastly, a picture of my childhood bunny. She used to have a pink nose, but it is long gone. Her name is buttercup, named after my favorite, tiny yellow flowers that grew around our home, out in the country. She lives on the top of our bed. :0)

Bunny
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



Thanks for looking at my favorite pink things!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Kelli, I just love all the stuff you share with us, you really inspire me to be a better housewive and mom and to enjoy the beautiful things that go along with it.

LOVE all your vintage and antiques :)

Tracy said...

Kelli, pink is my favorite color, too! Love all your pink beauties. :)

Tori Leslie said...

Oh neat Kelli, I love this idea.

I especially love Nana's hankie. *Ü*

Mindy said...

your little stuffed animal is adorable and your linens so pretty! Love the new look of your blog too!! BLessings to you...

Kelli said...

Thank you everyone!! I need a blushing icon for all the sweet compliments. :0)

I have only recently become a fan of the color pink. I have a couple of pink shirts now. Last month, I went to a wedding where the color was light pink and it was so gorgeous!!

Tomorrow's color is gold!

Kelli